Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a family favorite good serves with chips and salsa.
- 396.89 g package tortillas
- chicken stock
- 1 large chicken, boiled and pulled from bones
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 283.49 g can Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 226.79 g grated cheddar cheese
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 304.75 g can cream of chicken soup
- 304.75 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 2.46 ml garlic salt (optional)
- Soak tortillas in chicken stock just until wilted.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Alternate the following layers into a 9x13 pan.
- tortillas, chicken, onion and cheese.
- Sprinkle chili powder and garlic salt over top.
- Spread undiluted soups over top of chicken, tortilla layers.
- Spread Ro-Tel tomatoes over top of soups.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 to 40 minutes.
Not a huge hit with my family. I'm the only one willing to eat the leftovers and I'm not sure why. I think it is good. Maybe a bit bland but good.
i made this a few nights ago and it was good, it tasted like it was missing something, but it was good. Not bland, but no one spice or flavor stood out to me to make it an outstanding dish. Thanks for posting.
My church cookbook has the same recipe, but with 1 green pepper in it. I saute the onion and green pepper. My recipe has the soup, tomatoes, green pepper, onion, chili powder and garlic salt together as well and makes it much easier. I don't use the chili powder so that it is not quite as spicy. If you get freshly made tortillas, you don't have to soak them!