Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Famous in Texas....Love it!
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 18 corn tortillas, cut into quarters
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 3 cups shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large bowl, soak tortillas in broth for 2 minutes.
- Remove tortillas and set aside.
- Add soups, Rotel,& chilies to broth.
- Mix well.
- Grease a 9 x 13" baking dish.
- Layer 1/3 tortillas, 1/3 sauce, 1/3 cheese& 1/2 the chicken.
- Repeat layers twice, ending with tortillas, sauce, then cheese.
- Cover with foil& bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil, bake an additional 5-10 minutes.
A true Texas dish. We love to make this dish and we love to eat it. The sauce that is the result of the cream soups, and the Ro-Tel tomatoes is spicy and creamy. The corn tortillas are a must. If you are in a pinch, you could use tortilla chips instead. This was a lovely casserole and we enjoyed it very much. Thanks for sharing.
Loved this one. The corn tortillas give it a real hearty mexican flavor and the sauce is perfect - a little spicy, nice and richly flavored. We had six for dinner and got a thumbs up from everyone as well as an empty casserole dish!
Easy recipe. I added sauted onions, celery and bell pepper. I added chili powder to make it a little spicier.