Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From my roommate's mom - a household favorite!
- 1 (20 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, family size version (can't figure out ounces so ignore the 20oz, make sure to get family size)
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 rotisserie chicken, deboned and shredded
- corn tortilla
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese
- Slice mushroom and onions and saute with butter until onions are clear and mushrooms are begin to get soft. Add garlic and saute for 1 extra minute.
- Drain Rotel tomatoes and chilies and add into saute with 1 tsp chili powder.
- Stir in cream of chicken soup and rotisserie chicken and heat through. Line 13x9 inch casserole dish with corn tortillas. Pour half of the filling over and top with another layer of tortillas. Finish with the rest of the filling and cheeses.
- Cook at 350 for 20-30 minutes until bubbly.
Nice! I didnt know what to expect, other than it sounded good, quite like a Mexican chicken lasagna only much faster :) I will definitely make this again, a lovely casserole dish made in no time at all!! Thanks for sharing, made for QUEST, TexMex!
I've been making King Ranch Casserole for years and everyone loves it. This was a nice version that was great comfort food. I didn't use the mushrooms only because I didn't have any on hand. Thanks for sharing. Made for Culinary Quest 2.
I knew going into this that my husband isn't a fan of casseroles, etc..... , but sometimes I just can't resist. I had never tried a King Ranch Casserole and decided this was the time. I really liked it. It's definitely comfort food. I love the corn tortilla flavor and texture alongside the creamy chicken mixture. Thank you! Made for CQ 2 - Tex-Mex