Recipe by sofie-a-toast
From my roommate's mom - a household favorite!
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Nice! I didnt know what to expect, other than it sounded good, quite like a Mexican chicken lasagna only much faster :) I will definitely make this again, a lovely casserole dish made in no time at all!! Thanks for sharing, made for QUEST, TexMex!
- 1 (20 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, family size version (can't figure out ounces so ignore the 20oz, make sure to get family size)
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 rotisserie chicken, deboned and shredded
- corn tortilla
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice mushroom and onions and saute with butter until onions are clear and mushrooms are begin to get soft. Add garlic and saute for 1 extra minute.
- Drain Rotel tomatoes and chilies and add into saute with 1 tsp chili powder.
- Stir in cream of chicken soup and rotisserie chicken and heat through. Line 13x9 inch casserole dish with corn tortillas. Pour half of the filling over and top with another layer of tortillas. Finish with the rest of the filling and cheeses.
- Cook at 350 for 20-30 minutes until bubbly.