Prep 2 hrs
Cook 40 mins
On my bithday growing up dad always asked what I wanted, and this was the answer! To this day it is what I ask for when I go home. this is good with salsa, chips, refired beans or salad.
- 1 fryer chicken, boiled,deboned and finely chopped
- 1 package corn tortilla
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can diced Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 lb longhorn cheese (grated)
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- Layer tortillas, chicken, tortillas, chicken, and tortillas.
- Mix soups, rotel, half of the cheese, bell pepper, and onion.
- Pour over chicken.
- Add rest of cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes at 350.
The first time that I have ever tried King Ranch Chicken was at a Company gathering. I was tryig to find ways to make meals that would last 2 days and that we could take to lunch the next day. My husband loved it. Unfortuneatle the kiddos didn't like the bell peppers. They made their own adjustments...but overall the dish was excellent and this is something that we make all the time. I wouldn't change any of the ingredients. :)