Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Kim says I dont layer this casserole, I just mix it all together and sprinkle the cheese on top and then bake it. It's just as good and quicker. Also, you can use the healthier versions of soups and chips to make it less fattening and nobody will ever know. I found this recipe at Obesity Help. This recipe was posted by kimhouse. My family wasn't crazy over this recipe, but I posted it for safe keeping. When I made this recipe I took Kim's advice and mixed eveything together. I baked my chicken instead of boiling it. I was out of Rotel so I used petite diced tomatoes and a can of green chilies. I used canned chicken broth. I could only find 11 1/2oz bag of corn chips. I felt 16oz of cheese was to much so I used 8oz and mixed this in with everything.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 10 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 15 ounces rotel tomatoes with diced chilies (1 can)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 12 ounces corn chips, crushed in bag (1 large bag, didnt take the whole bag for me)
- 16 ounces monterey jack & colby cheese (2 packages)
- Boil chicken until done and cut into small chunks. Be sure to save 1 cup broth when chicken has finished cooking or use canned broth.
- Mix cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, Rotel tomatoes and chicken broth; heat on stove.
- Layer 1/2 of chicken, 1/2 broth mix, 1/2 of chips, 1/2 of onion, 1/2 cheese and repeat above.
- Bake 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees in 9 1/2 x 13 inch greased pan.