Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
This looks really good. Saving here so I can make it sometime.
- 5 cups tortilla chips, coarsely crushed
- 2 cups sliced white mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (precooked)
- 2 (10 ounce) containersbuitoni alfredo sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh pico de gallo, drained
- 12 ounces grated monterey jack cheese
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Using your hands or a wooden spoon, coarsely crush the tortilla chips. This is easier to do if you leave them in the bag (open it slightly to let the air out).
- Place mushrooms and butter in a glass bowl. Toss with soup powder and microwave on High (100 percent power) for 2 minutes. Drain to remove excess moisture.
- Cut the chicken into bite-size chunks. Combine the alfredo sauce with sour cream and mix well. Coat a 9x12-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cover the bottom of the pan with about 2 cups of the crushed chips.
- Top with half of the chicken, all of the mushrooms, half of the sauce, half of the pico de gallo and half of the cheese.
- Repeat with 2 cups crushed chips and remaining chicken, sauce, pico de gallo and cheese.
- Bake the casserole 35 to 40 minutes, or until hot.
- Note: The sauce is fairly thick, so it is easier to spread if you evenly distribute large spoonfuls and then spread it gently with the back of a large spoon. Once the dish heats, the sauce will thin. You can make this 8 hours in advance.