This is a traditional south Texas recipe. It freezes well and it is YUMMY!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 can low-fat cream of celery soup
- 1 can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 lb low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 can rotel tomatoes with green chili
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth
- 12 corn tortillas, torn in strips
- 1In a large pan sprayed with cooking spray, saute onion, bell peppers, garlic and celery.
- 2Add soups, tomatoes, chiles, spices and chicken broth.
- 3Line bottom of 9x13 pan with tortilla strips.
- 4Spread half of chicken over tortillas and top with sauce, then half of cheese.
- 5Cover with another layer of tortillas, chicken, sauce and cheese.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for King Ranch Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.3
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.9 mg
- Sodium 557.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 23.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat cream of celery soup
98% fat-free cream of chicken soup