Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is probably my favorite Mexican casserole. We serve it a lot for family get togathers.
- 1133.98-1360.77 g boneless chicken breasts
- 12 fresh corn tortillas
- 297.66 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 297.66 g can cream of chicken soup
- 236.59 ml green pepper, finely chopped
- 236.59 ml onion, finely chopped
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 453.59 g grated cheddar cheese
- 283.49 g can Rotel Tomatoes
- 113.39 g can green chilies
- Simmer chicken breasts until tender. Dice chicken and save the stock.
- Line the bottom and sides of a well-greased casserole dish with 6 tortillas which have been torn into 1 inch strips. Sprinkle with 2 or more tablespoons of the chicken stock.
- Saute onions and peppers until tender. Combine soups, onions, green peppers, and chili powder; pour half this mixture, half the chicken and half the cheese on the tortillas.
- Make a second layer of tortillas, chicken, soup mixture and cheese. Top the last layer of cheese with the can of Rotel tomatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until hot and bubbly.
- This casserole can be prepared in advance and reheated.
Yummy! Definitely cheesy, too! I used a combination of cheddar and monterey jack cheeses. This had just the right amount of heat to it. Thanx for sharing.