Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a Texas favorite that's easy to make and is man-pleasing, as well.
- 8 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 green bell peppers or 1 poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup manzanilla olive
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese or 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili powder (optional)
- 6 flour tortillas, torn in pieces
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Saute the chicken in the olive oil until done, about five minutes each side.
- Cut the chicken into small pieces and combine it with all the other ingredients in a large mixing bowl, stirring until the ingredients are combined.
- Pour the mixture into a deep baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle paprika on top and serve.