Recipe by Marychef
Easy and delicious, great for guests or just as nice for a romantic dinner for two, this is an easy recipe with low prep time so perfect for a stress free dinner that will wow everyone.
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large red chile, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 300 g peeled headless king prawns
- 5 shallots, finely chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 150 ml chicken stock
- 125 ml white wine
- 150 ml double cream
- shaved parmesan cheese
- fresh basil, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 12 inch frying pan over medium high heat the oil.
- Add the chilli and garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add king prawns and cook, turning so they cook evenly on each side, until they are only just pinked through.
- Lift out the king prawns and put to one side.
- Add to pan the shallots, tomatoes, black pepper, stock, wine and cream.
- Simmer on a medium to high heat (do not cover) until reduced, around 10 minutes.
- Add the king prawns back in, then the basil and stir until heated through.
- Serve spooned over your favourite type of pasta (fresh pasta is a must), sprinkled with freshly grated parmesan cheese and garlic bread for mopping up the sauce.