Easy and delicious, great for guests or just as nice for a romantic dinner for two, this is an easy recipe with low prep time so perfect for a stress free dinner that will wow everyone.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large red chile, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 300 g peeled headless king prawns
- 5 shallots, finely chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 150 ml chicken stock
- 125 ml white wine
- 150 ml double cream
- shaved parmesan cheese
- fresh basil, chopped
- 1In a 12 inch frying pan over medium high heat the oil.
- 2Add the chilli and garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- 3Add king prawns and cook, turning so they cook evenly on each side, until they are only just pinked through.
- 4Lift out the king prawns and put to one side.
- 5Add to pan the shallots, tomatoes, black pepper, stock, wine and cream.
- 6Simmer on a medium to high heat (do not cover) until reduced, around 10 minutes.
- 7Add the king prawns back in, then the basil and stir until heated through.
- 8Serve spooned over your favourite type of pasta (fresh pasta is a must), sprinkled with freshly grated parmesan cheese and garlic bread for mopping up the sauce.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for King Prawns (Shrimp) in Tomato, Cream & White Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 603.9
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 36.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.0 g
- Cholesterol 335.0 mg
- Sodium 375.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 36.5 g