Recipe by Kzim4
My DH loves Pizza Hut's Que Papas, so we had to find a way to make our own. These are patties, rather than a "tater tot" shape, but really good, nonetheless. My DS thought we were saying "king" instead of "que", thus the name.
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash browns, chopped into small pieces
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced jalapeno
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup flour
- Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, to coat
- oil, to fry
- salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix together hash browns, eggs, jalapenos, and cheese.
- Add 1/4 cup of flour and mix well. If mixture is still too runny to hold together, gradually add more flour until it will (you should be able to form a patty with the mixture).
- Heat 1/2 inch of oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Take 1 heaping tablespoon of potato mixture and form into pattie. Place into a bowl of bread crumbs and turn to coat.
- Gently place patty into hot oil and fry until golden brown. Drain on brown paper bag and sprinkle with salt, if desired.
- Continue making patties as directed above until all mixture is used.