Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Apple pie with pineapple juice. YUM!
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 7 cups thinly sliced apples
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells, baked
- In large saucepan, combine l l/4 cup pineapple juice and sugar.
- Bring to a boil, and add apples. Cover, and simmer until apples are tender but not soft - 3 to 4 minutes.
- Lift apples from syrup, and set aside.
- Combine cornstarch with remaining 1/4 cup pineapple juice, and add to syrup in pan.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thick and bubbly; cook one minute more.
- Remove pan from heat. Stir butter or margarine, vanilla, and salt into the syrup.
- Cool 10 minutes without stirring.
- Pour about half of the syrup into baked pie shell, spreading it to cover bottom evenly.
- Arrange cooked apples over syrup in crust. Spoon remaining syrup over apples. Chill.