Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe from a old cookbook - When I lived in Omaha my coworkers and I would order food from King Fong's about once a week. Enjoy --- I have made this substituting other vegetables then the ones they have in their recipe.
- 9 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts (or small pkg)
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, chopped
- 30 fresh snow peas
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 5 ounces bamboo shoots
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup toasted almond (whole or slivered)
- slice chicken into long thin slivers - i did chunks.
- Heat oil in wok or skillet.
- Add chicken, soy sauce and salt.
- Cook stir often, until chicken is no longer pink.
- In small dish combine cornstarch and 1/3 cup water, making a paste. **** key to sauce.
- add all ingredients to chicken (except nuts).
- cook and stir until sauce is slightly thickened and transulecent.
- Dish almond chicken ding on a platter.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Serve with steamed rice.
- "Omaha restaurant".