Recipe by Girl from India
A good accompaniment to Dal, Rice and a vegetable for a simple weekday meal. The no. of slices and the cooking time depend on the size of the fish
- 1⁄2 kg kingfish, slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (or garlic paste)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 pinch orange food coloring (optional, I usually leave it out)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together all the spices with the vinegar and salt.
- Coat the fish and with this paste and keep aside for half and hour.
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat oil until smoking.
- Reduce heat and shallow fry fish turning once, until nicely browned.
- Serve with lemon.