Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Well, they aren't fried, but I bet Elvis would love them!
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute or 2 eggs
- 1 large very ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place 1/4 cup butter and sugar in a large bowl. Beat and medium speed until blended.
- Add egg substitute, beat well.
- Add banana and 1 tsp vanilla, beat 1 minute.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture and milk alternately to butter mixture, starting and ending with flour.
- Line muffin pan with paper liners.
- Fill 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cook for 5 minutes in pan, then remove to wire racks.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- For Frosting:.
- Beat cream cheese, peanut butter, and 3 tbs butter together until light and fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla and a dash of salt and mix well.
- Spread evenly over cupcakes.
Needed to use up some bananas, so I tried these. Yummy! I used real eggs. The icing was yummy, but I did not care for its appearance, so I drizzled some melted chocolate almond bark over each cupcake and they were beautiful. Brought them to a sick friend. Try them, you won't be disappointed.