Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Made this last night, It's very filling and rich, If you want it even richer and don't care about the carb increase use Half-and-Half in place of the milk--it's great either way.
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 8 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 lb king crab meat
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- In a large sauce pan add olive oil, onions, celery and garlic.
- Heat on medium until onions are translucent.
- Add butter and melt, then add flour, salt and pepper and make a roux.
- Once the rue is golden brown add the milk and cream; blend well.
- Crumble crabmeat and add to the sauce pan. Slowly bring mixture to a boil and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the sherry and serve garnished with parsley and a dash of paprika.
You're right. It's very rich but delicious. Will certainly do again.