Chef Boy-R "Diabetic" Danny's Note:
Made this last night, It's very filling and rich, If you want it even richer and don't care about the carb increase use Half-and-Half in place of the milk--it's great either way.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 8 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 lb king crab meat
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1In a large sauce pan add olive oil, onions, celery and garlic.
- 2Heat on medium until onions are translucent.
- 3Add butter and melt, then add flour, salt and pepper and make a roux.
- 4Once the rue is golden brown add the milk and cream; blend well.
- 5Crumble crabmeat and add to the sauce pan. Slowly bring mixture to a boil and simmer for a few minutes.
- 6Add the sherry and serve garnished with parsley and a dash of paprika.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for King Crab Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 682.3
- Calories from Fat 496
- Total Fat 55.1 g
- Saturated Fat 30.5 g
- Cholesterol 199.2 mg
- Sodium 1228.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 21.8 g