What's not to like about Crab..didn't say a crab..But the ultimate King Crab is delectible anytime. This recipe is an old time favorite of the church ladies group.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (6 ounce) packages frozen crabmeat
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained (I like to use fresh mushrooms and different ones at times to change the flavor of the dish)
- 2 grated onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika (I like szedged or Tones because the flavor is richer)
- 2 tablespoons white wine (optional)
- 1/4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1Defrost the crabmeat.
- 2Melt the butter in saucepan.
- 3Stir in the flour and keep stirring until smooth.
- 4Gradually add milk, cream, and the chicken broth.
- 5Keep stirring over a low heat to keep the sauce smooth and you want it to thicken.
- 6Now add your cheese, mushrooms, onion, salt, paprika, and wine.
- 7Stir the mixture until the cheese is melted.
- 8Now stir in the crabmeat gently.
- 9Pour mixture into a well greased 1 1/2 qt/ casserole.
- 10Sprinkle bread crumbs over the top.
- 11Bake at 400* for about 10-15 min.
- 12or until the top is golden brown.
- 13Serve over hot cooked rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for King Crab Au Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.1
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 93.1 mg
- Sodium 808.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 18.0 g