Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
What's not to like about Crab..didn't say a crab..But the ultimate King Crab is delectible anytime. This recipe is an old time favorite of the church ladies group.
- 2 (6 ounce) packages frozen crabmeat
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained (I like to use fresh mushrooms and different ones at times to change the flavor of the dish)
- 2 grated onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika (I like szedged or Tones because the flavor is richer)
- 2 tablespoons white wine (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- Defrost the crabmeat.
- Melt the butter in saucepan.
- Stir in the flour and keep stirring until smooth.
- Gradually add milk, cream, and the chicken broth.
- Keep stirring over a low heat to keep the sauce smooth and you want it to thicken.
- Now add your cheese, mushrooms, onion, salt, paprika, and wine.
- Stir the mixture until the cheese is melted.
- Now stir in the crabmeat gently.
- Pour mixture into a well greased 1 1/2 qt/ casserole.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs over the top.
- Bake at 400* for about 10-15 min.
- or until the top is golden brown.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.