Prep 3 hrs
Cook 35 mins
this was taken from King Arthur flour's. If you're looking for chewy/yeasty bread, this is the recipe to try
- 3 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour (last time i use 4 1/2c)
- 1 tablespoon bread enhancer
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 5 tablespoons honey
- Combine all ingredients to form a shaggy dough. And rest 20 minutes for the flour to absorbe the liquid.
- Knead 10 minutes til smooth. It would look wet at first but it will come together, though it would remain sticky.
- Use mixer to knead. If by hand, it would be a smaller and denser loaf.
- Place in grease bowl, turn to coat. Cover let rise 1 hr (it took me around 40 min with instant yeast).
- Shape and place in greased loaf. Cover with lightly greased plastic 1 hr (took me 30min) til crowned.
- Bake 350 F 45min.