Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe comes from the King Arthur flour website. Originally titled "On-the-Fence Brownies" these are perfect for someone like myself who can't make up their mind between fudge brownies and cakey brownies.
- 236.59 ml butter
- 532.32 ml sugar
- 295.73 ml dutch process cocoa
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml chocolate chips
- 4.92 ml espresso powder (optional)
- 236.59 ml chopped walnuts (optional) or 236.59 ml pecans (optional)
- In a medium sized microwave safe bowl, melt butter, then add sugar and stir to combine. Return mixture to microwave and microwave briefly, just until hot but not bubbling. This will give the brownies a shiney top crust.
- Stir in the cocoa, salt, baking powder, and vanilla.
- Whisk in eggs, stirring until smooth.
- Add the flour, chips, espresso powder, and nuts and stir until smooth.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake at 350° F for 25-30 minutes.