Recipe by bakergirl #4
This recipe comes from the King Arthur flour website. Originally titled "On-the-Fence Brownies" these are perfect for someone like myself who can't make up their mind between fudge brownies and cakey brownies.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups dutch process cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder (optional)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional) or 1 cup pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sized microwave safe bowl, melt butter, then add sugar and stir to combine. Return mixture to microwave and microwave briefly, just until hot but not bubbling. This will give the brownies a shiney top crust.
- Stir in the cocoa, salt, baking powder, and vanilla.
- Whisk in eggs, stirring until smooth.
- Add the flour, chips, espresso powder, and nuts and stir until smooth.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake at 350° F for 25-30 minutes.