Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this out of the King Arthur catalog.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, soft
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 drops coconut flavoring (optional)
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 large whole egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch, and
- 1⁄2 cup flour (or Hi-maize natural fiber, 1 cup)
- 1 cup milk, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons vanilla-flavored syrup or 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
- Beat together the butter, sugar, coconut milk powder, baking powder, salt, and flavorings until fluffy. Beat in the egg whites and egg a little at a time and scrape the bowl in between additions. Whisk the flour and starch together and add to the batter, alternating with the milk.
- Put 1/4 cup of batter into each muffin cup and bake about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan.
- Cool completely.
- Warm the jam and syrup or water. Put the coconut in a shallow pan. Spread the jam thinly over the cakes and then roll in the coconut. Place on a baking sheet to allow the jam to set.