Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipes describes itself as "Crunchy, sweet, salty, and satisfying. Nuts add a little more fun to an already delicious butterscotch oatmeal cookie." A tip noted was "The texture of these cookies changes completely if you substitute old-fashioned (or thick oats) for quick-cooking oats. Cookies made with old-fashioned oats will spread much more, sometimes to the point of becoming lace cookies; we prefer using quick-cooking oats in this recipe" Posted for safe keeping.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3⁄4 cup salted macadamia nut
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Beat together the butter, salt, baking soda, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- Beat in the eggs, then the flour.
- Add the oats, nuts, and butterscotch chips, and mix well.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet, and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the cookies are a very light golden brown around the edges.
- Remove them from the oven, and cool on a rack.