Recipe by davianng
Spent my honeymoon at the King and Prince Resort on St. Simon's Island, Georgia. (I remember the AWESOME muffins, but would like to forget the husband!) These are moist and filling.
Top Review by Kauaian cook
Great basic recipe -- using what I had on hand, some changes were made: used 2% milk with vinegar as a replacement for buttermilk, vegetable oil for butter, added a little pumpkin pie spice for extra flavor. My raisins had gotten dried out, so substituted craisins and chopped dried apricots. Even with these changes, the flavor was super. Next time will try will raisins and see if they are also very good.
- 295.73 ml rolled oats
- 295.73 ml buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml butter, melted and cooled
- 236.59 ml flour
- 6.16 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 118.29 ml raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill muffin tins with paper baking cups
- Combine oats and buttermilk in a bowl, let stand for 1 hour.
- Add eggs, sugar and butter, mix 30 seconds, scrape down bowl.
- Combine dry ingredients, add.
- Add raisins.
- Mix on low speed for about 15 seconds or only until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill muffin cups half full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.