Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from the bulletin board at Kids In Motion. I like how simple and healthy it is. The citrus zest adds the most pleasant flavor too!! There is lots of room for adaptation. Try addidng some cinnamon or flax seed meal or even chocolate chips... the possibilities are endless and so delicious!! :::NOTE::: When I mixed this up the first time the consistancy didn't seem right so I added 1/4 cup of flour and they came out beautiful! Adding flax seed meal may help too. Please let me know how they turn out for you!
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon orange zest or 1 tablespoon lemon zest or 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup choped nuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrots (optional) or 1⁄2 cup zucchini (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup flour (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix honey, oil & eggs. Add zest, salt, oatmeal & any optional ingredients. (If the batter seems too runny, add 1/4 cup of flour).
- Drop spoonfuls on an oiled or lined cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Be kind! Share your cookies. :).