1/1 Photo of Kinda Sorta Sour Pickles
This is a wonderful recipe that is from Alton Brown of "Good Eats". They aren't dill, but boy are they addicting! Simple to make, I'm sure this can be adapted for canning - they never last that long 'round here. I can't stop eating them and others always want some to take home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup champagne vinegar (I just use white wine vinegar)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt, plus
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon pickling spices
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1Combine onion and cucumber slices in a clean jar.
- 2Combine the remaining ingredients, with the exception of the garlic, in a non-reactive saucepan.
- 3Bring to a boil and simmer for 4 full minutes.
- 4Add the garlic cloves to the jar.
- 5Slowly pour the pickling liquid over the slices, filling to the top of the jar.
- 6Cool to room temperature.
- 7Top off the pickles with any remaining liquid and refrigerate at least overnight.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kinda Sorta Sour Pickles
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.8
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4366.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 28.1 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: