Recipe by babygirl65
I say kinda because Chick-Fil-A pressure cooks their chicken but this recipes calls for frying. The taste is pretty good. If you love Chick-Fil-A, you'll like this!! 7/8/08 Per reviews, I have changed the amount of salt on the recipe. The original recipe states 2 tbsp, but it does seem like alot, so I have changed it to 1 tbsp. Thanks for all the reviews!!
Top Review by SugaJ
I live with the biggest Chic-Fil-A fanatic in the world, and said one would be hard pressed to tell the difference between this recipe and the real thing. I did a couple of things differently though. I had heard that the trick to their flavor is that the chicken is marinated in pickle juice.
First I flattened out the chicken breasts, and then added them to a zip lock bag with dill pickle juice. Doesn't take all that much. I originally planned to marinate them for several hours; however, once my roommates learned that I had this recipe, they wouldn't leave me alone until I made them. Soooo total marinate time - 15 minutes.
Turns out 15 mins is perfect. I think any longer would have been too much.
I also added Paprika to the dry ingredients for color.
Now, the one thing I would change for next time is to just add a dash or two of salt. It was a little too salty even at 1 T. The nice suprise was that the powdered sugar didn't over power the flavor. This is a winning recipe Maibelle, & I can't tell you how much we appreciate your share. I'll be making this one often.
- 3 cups oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, beat egg and stir in milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, powdered sugar, pepper and salt.
- Dip each piece of chicken in milk mixture until moistened.
- Roll chicken in flour mix until completely coated.
- Fry in oil until chicken is golden brown.
- Serve with grilled buttered buns and pickles.
- Make 4 sandwiches.
- You can cut chicken into bite size pieces and make chicken nuggets. They are great too!