This is my version of "The Stubbs", which is a breakfast sandwich named after former Dallas Cowboys player Daniel Stubbs, and is from the Coppell Deli, which became a Dallas, TX mini-legend in the early to mid-1990s as the favorite breakfast place of several Cowboys players. We usually eat this as dinner, as these sandwiches are pretty big...just like everything in Texas!
- In a hot frying pan or electric skillet, cook sausage patties; set aside and keep warm.
- In hot frying pan, electric skillet, or microwave, cook bacon; set aside and keep warm.
- Fry eggs, in same pan if desired, until yolks are cooked.
- Place slice of cheese on top of each egg to melt slightly.
- Assemble on Texas Toast in this order for each sandwich: 2 slices bacon, 2 sausage patties, 1 egg.
Yum, Yum, Yum, Yum!! This is such a simple but delicious breakfast sandwich. I wouldn't change a thing, but I did use hot and spicy sausage patties, otherwise it was as directed. Thanks so much for posting. Made for you Football Pool win. Congrats!
Made for your *Wk 6 Football Pool* win & it made a happy man of my *breakfast hound* DH. I could see this was gonna make a *TX size* sammie, so I made 2 for him & 1 for me ~ all open-face on wheat bread. *Yum* ! Thx for sharing this sure to be repeated recipe & *Congrats* on your win.
Okay TA you might have to adopt Dave also because he loved this sandwich. Simple to make and just down right good. He ate his and most of mine too. Thanks and congrats on winning the football game.