Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
An old favorite in our family.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seeds
- 3 cups mixed dried fruit, chopped
- 2 cups nuts
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 1⁄4 cups light corn syrup
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups peanut butter (chuck style)
- Spread oats onto baking pan, Bake at 300°F until oats are toasted, about 25 minutes, stir frequently to prevent scorching.
- Place sesame seeds in a frying pan over medium heat, stir until seeds are golden, about 7 minutes, Pour into large bowl.
- Add nuts, flax, fruit, dry milk and wheat germ, mix well.
- Grease a 10x15 inch jelly roll pan, mix hot oats into fruit and nut mixture.
- In frying pan, combine corn syrup and sugar, bring to a rolling boil over medium high heat, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in peanut butter. At once, pour over oat mixture and mix well. Quickly spread onto pan and press into even layer. Cover and chill until firm, at least 4 hours, cut into desired size pieces, wrap in plastic wrap, store in refrigerator up to 4 weeks or freeze.