Recipe by Scotty & Callie's Mom
A truly kind shepherd wouldn't eat from his flock. This isn't rocket science, just used regular size cans or packs. The sizes listed are guesstimates, cause I didn't look in the trash for sizes on packages and cans.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (3 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can water
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can peas or 1 (16 ounce) can corn or 1 (16 ounce) can green beans
- 4 -6 cups your favorite prepared mashed potatoes
- paprika (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and drain fat.
- Add soups, water and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour in large casserole or 9x13" pan.
- Top with your choice of vegetable.
- Top with mashed potatoes and sprinkle with paprika, (used for coloring).
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
- You can use more or less vegetables to suit your family's taste. I used 2 envelopes of instant garlic herb mashed potatoes last time I made this, my son loves mashed potatoes. Also, you may omit onion soup and cook a medium onion with the beef and add 1 T. instant beef broth to soup mix.