1/1 Photo of Kim's Tex-Mex Egg Cups (South Beach Diet Friendly)
Kim D.'s Note:
I've often put shredded cooked chicken in my migas or breaksfast tacos, so when I started the South Beach Diet I came up with this recipe. The egg cups can be made ahead of time and refrigerated, then heated just before serving. I like mine topped with Cholula hot sauce!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray muffin pans with non-stick cooking stray (Such as Pam).
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs with a whisk.
- 4Add cottage cheese, Monetery Jack cheese, green chiles, salt and pepper.
- 5Mix until well blended.
- 6Add chicken and stir until combined.
- 7Spoon 1/4 cup of egg mixture into each cup.
- 8Bake for 20 minutes or until done.
- 9Take a knife and loosen the cups from the pan.
- 10Turn egg cups out onto a wire rack and let cool slightly before serving.
- 11Eat eggs warm out of the oven, or refrigerate for later use.
- 12EGGS DO NOT FREEZE WELL! Eggs become spongy and wet when frozen!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kim's Tex-Mex Egg Cups (South Beach Diet Friendly)
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.9
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 159.5 mg
- Sodium 220.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 7.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: