Recipe by Kim
I put this recipe together myself with ingredients that I had one hand. It was a big hit with my husband and kids. I hope you will enjoy it as much as we did.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) canyellow sweet corn
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes with jalapeno peppers
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (more if you like)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Melt butter in frying pan.
- When butter is melted add onion, fresh tomato, and garlic powder.
- Cook at med heat until onion is light brown and tender.
- Add ground beef.
- Add salt and pepper to the beef.
- Cook until beef is fully browned.
- While you are waiting for the beef to brown.
- Pour pinto beans, yellow sweet corn, and the tomatoes with jalapeno peppers into a colander and drain well.
- When beef is done drain off any grease and return to frying pan.
- Add taco seasonings and water.
- stir and let simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Then mix in pinto beans, corn, and tomatoes with jalapenos.
- Stir well and let simmer for 5 to 10 more minutes.
- Then pour into 8 x 12 casserole dish.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.