Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Shrimp and Corn Crock pot Soup or Chowder whatever you want to call it it's wonderful and delicious and hard to stop eating. We had this on vacation with our friends this summer at our Condo. Kim was our head cook and this was enjoyed by everyone..even our picky 6 year old! So delicious with a loaf of crusty french bread to sop up all the juice! and so very easy to make...Hope everyone enjoys! I put the recipe here so I won't lose it! Not at all low in calories but super!!
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 bunch of chopped green onion
- 2 (12 ounce) packages shrimp or 2 (12 ounce) packages crawfish, if you prefer
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn (drained)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon liquid crab boil
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 pint half-and-half cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- Mix all ingredients (except the shrimp or crawfish) together in a crockpot until blended and butter is melted. Now add the seafood (make sure you have squeezed out the liquid. We used pre-cooked frozen salad shrimp or crawfish).
- Let simmer for two hours and serve with a good crusty french bread! This is simply wonderful!
- You might also add some Tony's seasoning to your taste.
I cut this recipe in half & with one exception, I followed it right on down ~ I did substitute some homemade cream of celery soup for the mushroom kind! That said, you have a VERY NICE TASTING SOUP here, & one I'd be happy to make again (not often, but again, nevertheless)! Thanks for sharing this unique dish! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's Pick A Chef]