I really love fresh veggies that have been roasted for salsa. It makes the flavors so much more bold and tasty! That's why I came up with this recipe one weekend while the family was visiting. It was gobbled up within minutes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 plum tomatoes
- 6 ounces frozen corn
- 1 green pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 cubanelle pepper (for milder salsa) or 1 jalapeno pepper (for hotter salsa)
- 1 carrot
- 1 red onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- 12 ounces tomato puree
- 3 -4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Slice all peppers in quarters and remove seeds.
- 3Place on baking sheet.
- 4Slice onion in quarters, leaving skin on.
- 5Place on baking sheet.
- 6Place garlic cloves on baking sheet, leaving skin on.
- 7Brush all vegetables on baking sheet with extra virgin olive oil.
- 8In small casserole dish, pour 1/2 package of frozen corn and brush with olive oil.
- 9Place baking sheet on lower rack of oven and casserole dish on top rack.
- 10Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 11Then broil for another 5-10 minutes until vegetables start to char on the outside.
- 12Remove and let cool.
- 13While veggies are roasting, remove seeds and pulp from tomatoes.
- 14Dice and place in large bowl.
- 15In same bowl, grate carrot.
- 16Chop cilantro and add to bowl.
- 17Squeeze juice of 1 lime over tomato mixture.
- 18Add sugar and mix.
- 19When roasted vegetables have cooled, chop and add to tomato mixture, removing skins from garlic and onion.
- 20Mix in 3/4 can of tomato puree (give or take, depending on how saucy you prefer your salsa).
- 21Serve with tortilla chips immediately or refrigerate and serve chilled.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kim's Roasted Veggie Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.7
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 20.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 2.4 g