Recipe by MacChef
I came up with this recipe on a VERY cold day when I really needed something satisfying, warm and healthy.
- 1 (28 ounce) cancrushed fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can Healthy Request condensed tomato soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth or 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes (use fresh if you have it)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh basil (I have substituted a jarred basil pesto too)
- 8 ounces fat-free evaporated milk (*)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a pan and simmer with lid on for about 30 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
- Pour into a blender and add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Gently reheat in pan or microwave. Do not boil or the milk will curdle.
- *You can adjust your liquids based on the thickness you desire. You may also leave out the milk if you prefer and add additional broth for desired consistency.