Recipe by kniven11
I enjoy making a variety of different breads but couldn't find a moist pumpkin bread that I really really liked. So I made this bread up myself, using typical base ingredients I use in my other 'sweet' breads and tweaking them until I thought the taste, texture and appearance were perfect. I hope everyone likes it!! Just in time for Fall :o) Enjoy!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar (or 3/4 cups Splenda for Baking)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (I prefer Libby's)
- 1 tablespoon applesauce (any type except chunky)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or imitation vanilla flavoring)
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
- Using a rubber scraper, pour mixture into a greased loaf pan.
- Cook on middle shelf in oven, uncovered, on 350 degrees, for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out of the center clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before serving.