Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a dip i made up a few years ago and my DD just loves it. Thought i should share!
- 2 (16 ounce) cans fat-free refried beans or 2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans
- 1⁄8 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 (4 1/4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese (or more)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (or more)
- Heat oven to 375*.
- In a large bowl add beans, chiles with juice, liquid smoke and garlic. Mix together well. Stir in cilantro. Place mixture in ungreased shallow 9 inch glass pan. Top with the cheese.Cover with foil.
- Bake at 375* for 15 to minutes or until mixture is thoroughly heated.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Note: May add more chiles for a more spicier dip. May microwave on high (with out the tin foil) to 3 to 5 minutes. May garnish with tomatoes and green peppers if you desire.
Great dip! Love the gooey cheese. I halved the recipe because it was just for our family, but it went pretty fast.