Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was prepared for one of our annual cook-offs at PRC. (Courtesy of Kim Carney)
Make and share this Kim's Macaroni Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups macaroni, uncooked
- 6 eggs, hard boiled, divided
- 1 onion, medium in size and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped small
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped small
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, chopped small
- 1 1⁄4 cups Miracle Whip
- 1 teaspoon sweet pickle juice (can sub vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cream (can sub milk)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare macaroni as directed. Drain; and rinse in cold water.
- Mix Miracle Whip and next 6 ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place in large bowl, add vegetables.
- Chop 4 of the hard boiled eggs, and add to the bowl.
- Add the Miracle Whip mixture and mix gently.
- Slice the 2 remaining eggs, and decorate the top.
- Sprinkle with paprika if you desire.
Excellent! This is just like my Mom's macaroni salad, except she adds some chopped pickles as well. I didn't have any green bell peppers, so I substituted red bell peppers. I think the color contrast would have been nicer with the green, but the taste was excellent. Loved the crunch of all the vegetables. Thanks for sharing! Made for Photo Tag game.