Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is something i like to do with leftover beef or pork. If you don't have any juices for dipping, use some broth and spice it up a little.
- Shred the meat. Brown some onions in a little oil or butter.
- Slice up some banana peppers, and heat the juice up in a sauce pan.
- Open up the sub bun and place a slice of provolone on the bun. Layer the meat, onions, and banana peppers on the sub bun.
- You can microwave if you like, but i prefer to warm the subs in a 4oo degree oven for a few minutes.
- Place the juice in some saucers, and dip the sandwiches in the juices.
Yummy!!! Used leftover pork roast. They were so good.
Great economic recipe. I've tried this with other meats and put mayo or mustard or pickles on at various times. It is a good basic recipe that is good exactly as written or with experimental ingredients as I have.
I get to be the first review! Thank you for posting this recipe and helping me find a way to be economical instead of wasteful. Very easy to prepare and delicious. I used a leftover pork roast and leftover sweet peppers. This created a delicious sandwich. Thanks.