Vino Girl's Note:
A lot of flavors going on in this one! I made this for dinner last night, and since my husband is STILL saying, "That was a good meal!" I figured I should get it written down and posted, both to share and to remember what I did. This will make your mouth tingle, so reduce the chili garlic sauce if you don't like it as spicy. I am sure you could easily use whatever vegetables you want, and you could replace the mushrooms with some sort of meat. I used a nonstick stir fry pan and very little oil, so if your pan or wok is not nonstick, you may need more. This cooks up fast once you get going, so make sure you have everything ready before you turn the stove on. Serve with hot cooked rice or Chinese noodles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup portabella mushroom, sliced (or 2-3 small caps)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil, divided (more as needed)
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five spice powder
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chinese chili-garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1In a small bowl, combine 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil, the five-spice powder, and the mushrooms; toss together and allow to marinate for 10 minutes.
- 2Whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, chili garlic sauce, hoisin sauce, garlic, ginger, cornstarch, 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil, and sesame seeds; set aside.
- 3Spray pan or wok with cooking spray and heat to medium-high heat (add a little oil, too, if you pan is not nonstick) and add mushrooms.
- 4Stirring constantly, cook for about 2 minutes; remove mushrooms from pan.
- 5Place broccoli, asparagus, and red pepper in the pan and stir fry for about 3 minutes, or until tender-crisp (stir constantly).
- 6Add sauce mixture to the pan, stirring until the sauce thickens; this should take, at most, one minute.
- 7Add the green onion and sprouts and serve.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kim's Kicked up Portabella and Vegetable Stir-fry
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.3
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1081.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder