Top Review by seesko
You can't go wrong with this one. Yummy, easy to make, and lightened! This cake is amazing. After serving it, my husband said, "why would you ever make the full fat version...this is awesome!" Followed recipe exactly except for the topping. I used my topping for apple crisp (butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and oatmeal). Thanks Annacia...this is a winner.
- 2 tablespoons light margarine
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 cups chopped apples
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup quick oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 13 x 9 x 2 baking pan.
- Melt margarine and mix with applesauce.
- beat applesauce mix with the sugar.
- Add egg whites and vanilla, beat well.
- Sift together flour, Splenda, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the first mixture alternately with 1 cup sour cream.
- Stir in chopped apples.
- Spread evenly in greased pan.
- Mix together ingredients for topping.
- Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.