Recipe by Kim in Carver, MN
This salsa has a very refreshing taste, but it is extremely hot. My hubby loves it. You can decrease or increase the heat by adding different peppers. This is a great salsa recipe. I will never by store bought again.
- 5 lbs tomatoes (seeded and chopped)
- 5 jalapeno peppers, chopped (not seeded)
- 5 serrano peppers, chopped (not seeded)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro (stems removed)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 lime, juice of (if the lime doesn't give much juice use 2 limes)
Directions See How It's Made
- Process tomatoes, garlic clove, cilantro, and peppers in a food processor to desired consistency.
- Put in a large bowl add spices, lemon, lime, and vinegar.
- Let salsa sit for 30 minutes for the flavors to marry.
- Put salsa in canning jars and place in refrigerator. It makes about 6 pints. Store in refrigerator for approximately a month.
- ** Caution: Wear gloves while chopping peppers**.