Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a healthy pumpkin muffin recipe for those of you trying to cut out some fat from your diets. Moist, sweet, and delicious! You won't regret making these muffins.
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 4 egg whites
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all of the ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir only until all of the ingredients are moistened.
- Scoop into nonstick or paper-lined mini-muffin tray.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes and cool on a wire rack.
- Optional: Add 1 cup of walnuts to the batter or it with icing or confectioners sugar if desired.
Great muffin recipe that is wonderful to serve for breakfast, pack in a lunch or have as an afternoon treat. Loved using the applesauce as it creates a very moist muffin. I did cut the oven temp back to 350F (dark muffin tin pan) and baked for 17 minutes and received beautiful golden muffins. Loved the amount of spices you listed as they really add to the flavor of these muffins and are not weak so you can enjoy their flavor. Made for Healthy Choices tag game.
Tasty. I couldn't get enough. I like that they are "mini". They make a delicious little snack. Great recipe.