Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
My old friend, Kim from Marion County, KY, used to make this for her family at least once every 2 weeks. They adore it and my kids and I love it too! The addition of the tomato puree puts a whole new "twist" on this chicken soup. Kim said her family had been making it this way for at least 3 generations! Must be a Kentucky thing...NOTE: Original recipe calls for 3 TBSP hot sauce.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 cups baby carrots, cut in half
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 onion, course chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato puree
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- 1 -2 tablespoon frank's hot sauce (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup wide egg noodles
- Boil chicken in large stock pot with water to cover. (45 minutes or until done.).
- Remove chicken and cut into large cubes. Return chicken pieces to water.
- Add chicken broth and tomato puree. Add carrots, potatoes, corn and onion.
- Cook on low for 45 minutes (until potatoes are fork tender).
- Add noodles and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Add hot sauce and extra spices, if desired.