Recipe by Marysdottir
Low carb muffins that I have found on several web sites. I'm posting here to make sure it's saved and also to get the updated nutritional info since I have changed the recipe to substitute plain no fat yoghurt for the 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp oil the original recipe called for
Top Review by Tami Defenderfer
Just made another batch! I made this first from the original recipe found on a low-carb website and this recipe is sooo much better. The taste is better and the texture is better. I have made these muffins with the Torani SF syrup and twice without the syrup (as stated in the recipe) using 1/4 c. Splenda instead. The second time, I added 2 tbls. of vanilla instead of the one. It kinda needs it since the syrup is vanilla flavored. We now keep a batch in the fridge. Thank you for posting! - tami
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened nonfat yogurt, plus
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar-free syrup (Davinci's or Torani are good, any flavour, sweetened with Splenda)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup ground flax seed meal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon (yes, this is the right amount, it's not too much, trust me!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the eggs in a bowl with a fork or wisk.
- Add the yoghurt, syrup, vanilla and water.
- In another small bowl combine dry ingredients.
- Stir dry ingredients into egg mixture.
- Let sit 5 minutes.
- Spoon into small well greased muffin cups. Don't use paper; they stick.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Turn out onto a rack to cool.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.