Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a good dish that everyone will love. My kids ate it up.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- seasoning salt
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) box macaroni and cheese mix
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter (or what ever amounts the box calls for)
- 2 slices American cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies (or plain if you like)
- 1 (1 ounce) packageof your favorite chili seasoning mix
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese or 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Brown ground beef and season with season salt.
- Drain well after browning meat.
- Return to skillet.
- Cook Mac & Cheese according to the directions on the box.
- When the Mac & Cheese is done stir in 2 American cheese singles.
- When cheese is melted add the Mac & Cheese to the ground beef.
- Drain pinto beans and add to mix.
- Add tomatoes and green chilies.
- Add chili seasoning packet; stir well.
- Let simmer for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Or until throughly heated, stirring well in between.
- Then top with cheese and cover with lid until cheese is melted.