Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe comes from Trisha Yearwood's "Georgia Cooking in an Oklahoma Kitchen". A great cookbook! I reduced the cheese by two ounces and added salt and pepper to taste. The family really enjoyed it!
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup pickled jalapeno pepper, finely chopped, juice reserved
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients together In a large mixing bowl until well-blended.
- Heat the dip in a medium crock-pot and serve warm with corn chips.