Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious and nutritious!
Make and share this Kimmy's Low Calorie Pumpkin Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 tablespoons egg whites
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar substitute
- In one bowl, cream the water, margarine, egg and sugar.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients and mix with the wet ingredients.
- Add the pumpkin.
- Spoon mixture into muffins cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
I thought these were great. They weren't very sweet, so I would probably use them as a dinner muffin. With a little more sugar, they'd be perfect!
I like the fact that they are low-fat, sugar-free and salt-free. they raised really nice while baking, but went flat as they came out of the oven. They may have needed to bake a little longer, I don't know. There was very little sweetness to them, so I sprinkled them with powdered sugar made with Splenda.