Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A creamy warm you up kinda meal..Yummmy!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn
- 2 (14 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 1 lb bacon (diced)
- 4 potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 small green pepper (diced)
- 2 stalks celery (diced)
- 1 quart light cream
- 1 cup water
- 4 teaspoons chicken base or 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- In a large skillet add bacon,onion,celery and green pepper and saute over medium heat until vegetables are tender, approximately 15 minutes.
- Add 1 cup water, bullion,pepper,potatoes and corn to mixture and simmer until potatoes are done, approximately 20 minutes.(do not drain corn)
- Slowly add light cream bring just to a boil and reduce heat and simmer approximately 10 mins longer.
Very easy yet delicious. I'm not sure what made this one better than the others i have tried, maybe it was the creamed corn or all that bacon, I used hickory smoked, but whatever it was I will be making this one quite often throughout the winter months