Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A light and chocolaty cake!
- 1 (20 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄8 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons water
- Mix chocolate cake mix, eggs, 1 1/2 cups water and vegetable oil and bake in two greased, nonstick 8 inch cake pans at 350°F for 30 minutes or until set.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt chocolate, vanilla extract and 6 tablespoons of water.
- In a large bowl, whip cream with an electric hand mixer until almost fluffy.
- Add sugar.
- SLOWLY add half of the chocolate mixture to the cream and continue to beat until the consistency of mousse.
- When cakes are cool, spread the mouse over one layer.
- On top of that, add the second cake.
- Frost the entire cake.
- Drizzle the remaining chocolate over the top.
- Refrigerate overnight.